Red River Equestrian Center, LLC
5062 120th Ave N
Felton, MN 56536
Terms and Conditions
Last updated May 1, 2021
By booking classes, lessons, events or other services at Red River Equestrian Center, hereafter referred to as “us” or “RREC”, you agree to the following:
Cancellation and Refund policy:
Private lessons have a 24 hr cancellation policy, meaning you will have to cancel your lesson 24 hours in advance in order to receive a refund. For group classes, clinics with outside clinicians, and multi-day classes, no refunds will be given unless rider cancels more than 14 days in advance of the first day of the class or event.
Birthday parties require a deposit of ½ of the party cost to save a slot. Birthday parties need to be rescheduled at least 5 days in advance or else the deposit is forfeited.
If you sign up someone else (spouse, friend, child, etc), you agree to be financially responsible for their class/lesson/event fee and not seek reimbursement from us in the event the person you signed up does not want to attend.
No showing for a group class with multiple participants and multiple nights leads to forfeiture of that particular lesson. In case of illness or emergency, you may be able to make up your group class lesson when the group meets next.
If you no show for a booked lesson, class or event, or give less than the required notice, you agree that we may charge your credit card on file for the full amount of the lesson, class or event.
Registration for horse shows carry a no refund policy if cancelled after regular entries close (Monday before a show weekend). Refunds for show and clinic registrations will be made if cancelled at least 7 days before a clinic/show or event, minus a $40 processing fee.
Group classes are not refundable but we will make an effort to allow you to reschedule for a different group the same month.
No smoking on premises. There are many easily combustible substances (e.g. Hay) in a stable and on the grounds.
No pets, other than horses trailered in for lessons or events, are allowed on RREC premises.
If you bring other family members (e.g. siblings) to a lesson or event, you agree to carefully watch your children or vulnerable adults that are not taking lessons. Red River Equestrian Center is not suitable for children without supervision. Young children could wander off into horse pens, try to pet a horse and stick their fingers in a horse’s mouth, and do other things that endanger them, other guests, riders, or horses. You therefore agree to keep children not participating in lessons closely supervised at all times and away from pastures, stables, and horses.
RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS
By booking lessons, classes, or other events at RREC, you agree with our liability policy, posted below.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND IMDEMNITY AGREEMENT
READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING AGREE. YOUR AGREEMENT INDICATES YOU UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE ON ITS TERMS. BY CLICKING AGREE AND BOOKING A SERVICE AT RREC, YOU AND YOUR CHILD ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGES, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE STABLE; IT’S OWNER Sarah and Robert Edwards, EMPLOYEE AND AGENTS (“THE RELEASEES”).
In consideration for allowing me (or my minor child) to handle and ride a horse and on behalf of myself, my child or our personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouses and assigns, I HEREBY:
1. Acknowledge that a horse or mule may, without warning or any apparent cause, buck, stumble, fall, rear, bite, kick, run, make unpredictable movements, spook, jump obstacles, step on a person’s feet, push or shove a person, saddles or bridles may loosen or break – all of which may cause the rider to fall or be jolted, resulting in serious injury or death.
2. ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HORSEBACK RIDING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND INVOLVES RISKS THAT MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY AND IN SOME CASES DEATH, because of the unpredictable nature and irrational behavior of horses, regardless of their training and past performance.
3. Voluntarily assume the risk and danger of injury or death inherent in the use of the horse, equipment and gear provided to me by Sarah Edwards, and/or Robert Edwards and/or Red River Equestrian Center LLC, all located at 5062 120th Ave N Felton MN hereinafter referred to as the Stable.
4. RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Stable, doing business under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, employees and agents (hereinafter the “Releasees”), for any loss, liability, damages, or cost whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury (including death) to my person or property.
5. Release the Releasees from any claim that such Releasees are or may be negligent in connection with my riding experience or ability including but not limited to training or selecting horses, maintenance, care, fit or adjustment of saddles or bridles, instruction or riding skills or leading and supervising riders.
6. INDEMNIFY, AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Stable, instructors, its employees and agents from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or in any way connected with either my use of the horse and any equipment of gear provided therewith or any acts or omissions of wranglers or other employees or agents.
7. The Undersigned expressly agrees that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement is governed by the State of MINNESOTA and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by MINNESOTA Law (RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK), and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the balance of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
8. Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against the Stable or its owner, agents, employees, guides or wrangles for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the Undersigned will pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the Stable in defending such an action.
9. State that I am not now pregnant and that I have no history of epileptic seizures, heart condition or any other medical problem that could be affected by horseback riding.
10. WE REQUIRE RIDERS TO WEAR PROTECTIVE HELMET. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT A PROTECTIVE HELMET IS AVAILABLE AND I WILL IMMEDIATELY CONTACT MY INSTRUCTOR SHOULD I NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A WORKING HELMET DURING MY LESSON.
11. If the person who is to enter into this Agreement is less than eighteen (18) years of age, his/her parent or guardian must read this Agreement and sign below on the behalf of the minor.
I have read this entire Release of Liability Document. I understand it is a promise not to sue and to release the stable, It’s owners, employees and agents for all claims. I have made a free and deliberate choice to sign this Release and Waiver as a condition to Releasees allowing me or my child to ride or handle a horse. I have concluded that the risks involved and the release and waiver of liability is worth the pleasure of being around horses.
I acknowledge being around horses is a dangerous, potentially life-threatening activity and I voluntarily assume all risks related to being around horses at this stable. No area on the property is considered a spectator area. I acknowledge being a participant in an equine activity and assume all risks from me being here. If I have booked this lesson, event or service for a minor child or vulnerable adult, I agree I am a custodial parent/guardian who has custody and decision making capability for the child I am signing up.
By signing up for a lesson, class, event or service at RREC , I ag agree to all terms and conditions specified above with regard to cancellation, refund, and safety policies and release of liability.